Self Employed Mortgage Advice
Working for yourself shouldn’t be a barrier to getting a really good mortgage deal. As expert mortgage brokers in Sunderland, we work with all types of people to find the best deals on the market.
Good Mortgage Advice in Sunderland
Changes in the mortgage market have meant that lenders can be more strict when it comes to the process of mortgage underwriting and they are less likely to take risks when assessing affordability.
That means that for the self-employed – which includes sole traders, partnerships and limited company directors, the process of taking out a mortgage has become a stressful and frustrating experience.
But that doesn’t need to be the case when you come to us. As experienced mortgage advisors in Sunderland, we have an established relationship with a large panel of lenders from high street banks to specialist lenders.
We make it our business to know which lenders are more likely to accept you with your own individual circumstance.
What Is A Self Employed Mortgage?
Well, the good news is that there is no such thing as a self-employed mortgage. This means that everyone applying for a mortgage, whether they work for themselves or not, should have the same access to the same rates and options.
Of course, that isn’t always the case as it comes down to the way the financial institutions in question assess your affordability. Typically, those who are employed can just provide payslips and a lender is happy to accept that. When it comes to self-employed, the requirements vary a lot.
Mortgage Advice in Sunderland Where One Size Doesn’t Fit All
When it comes to self-employment, one size doesn’t fit all in relation to getting a mortgage. Some lenders are better placed to provide mortgage services than others depending on your personal circumstances. That’s why using a mortgage broker like us, who work from a large panel of lenders is a good step to getting your mortgage application accepted.
We can help you look at your mortgage options when…
- You’re a sole trader, company director or in a partnership
- Have been refused by your own bank due to income, credit score or not fitting their criteria
- If you have a profit that changes year on year
- If you’ve only been trading for a short time
- Can’t raise enough capital for the property you really want
- If you get paid a combination of salary, dividends, directors loans
- If you want to leave your net profit in the business in order to grow
- You have an unusual or complex mortgage situation
- If you’re too busy running your business to have to deal with the hassle of getting a mortgage
We Are impartial And Work For YOU
It’s our job to work for you and to get you the best deal. To do this we have to be completely impartial and not tied to any estate agent or financial institution. We use our experience to find mortgage deals that suit your needs.
We also may be able to help you if you’ve had issues with passing in-house credit scoring policies. If you’ve approached and been turned away from your own lender then it’s important that you take advantage of our free, no-obligation consultation to avoid making too many applications and getting turned down again. We will use our vast knowledge to place your application with the most suitable lender based on your likelihood of getting accepted and finding the best rate.
Mortgage Brokerage Services On Offer
We offer a whole host of services. The best thing to do is to get in touch with us with your individual needs and we can advise you on the next steps. But here are just a select few services we have on offer…
- Advice for first-time buyers
- Advice if you are interested in the help to buy scheme
- Right to Buy mortgage advice
- Advice on remortgaging and getting a better deal
- Mortgage advice for home movers
- Advice for Buy to Let or Let to Buy mortgages
- Advice if you have poor credit or past money issues
- Specialist mortgage advice
- Advice for the self-employed
Take a look around the website and when you’re ready to proceed just give us a call, send us an email or if it’s more convenient drop us a text.
We are here for you from 8 am – 10 pm, 7 days a week.